Sunday, February 26, 2006

Now We Enter the Country Club Portion of Our Trip

This is post 1 of 2 for today. Text is below because I forgot again and typed before adding photos! L

The view of the waterfalls in the lobby as seen from the breakfast area.

A carved jade ship in the lobby of the hotel. Must be 5 feet tall...

Mom, Katie and I in the lobby area of the hotel.


Look, Alex...fish like we see at the (Botanical) Garden!

The White Swan. That's the name of the hotel we're staying in. Among the communities of folks adopting from China, if you 'luck out' and get a baby from this province we're in now, you stay here your entire trip. Folks joke that it is the 'country club tour' of China, and I now VERY CLEARLY understand why. I'm creating 2 separate posts today just so you can see where we're at. In Nanchang, our hotel was a Hilton in the midst of a bad housing project (the only way I can think to describe it). Now, the White Swan is in an area that very much reminds me of Puerto Rico of many slightly urban parts of Mexico. The standard of living is obviously higher here.

I can babble on indefinitely (obviously I write much as I talk...), so we'll just cut to the chase and I'll post pictures of this place. It is good that we got here when we did. While our entire group was frustrated last night and wishing we had just stayed at the Gloria, we are much happier with the surroundings here outside the hotel. Even I was pretty frustrated last night (as I'm sure you noticed in my post), and I think I'm adjusting to things a little easier than most.

No comments: